- Passing a kidney stone is like a continuous labor contraction. I feel like I have now experienced childbirth without the epidural, only what I delivered was 3mm and definitely not as cute!
- I thought the days of throwing up out the car door or waking up on the bathroom floor were long behind me. I guess it’s just part of the circle of life.
- I’ve taken more baths in the past 5 days than I have in a whole year. Water somehow dulls the pain. I used to think water births were crazy but now I’m a believer.
- This ordeal has confirmed that my husband is awesome! Not only did he have to take over many of the household duties, he had to watch me in the worst pain of my life. I know that was hard for him.
- Moms don’t like feeling helpless. I’m not one to ask for help and I know that both of our moms wanted to do something. They both ended up coming over just to drop off food or juice. Being a mom, I get it. I just need to let them do their thing.
- I will do whatever it takes to NEVER feel that pain again. It may mean that I have to become vegan or eat chicken broth for the rest of my life. I don’t care, sign me up!